Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It happened, it has really happened..

-->
It happened, it has really happened. You see the last 8years I have moved every year. Mostly in the same area but uprooting yourstuff, your home, your “normal” it’s hard. Not to mention gathering a group offriends to come help, finding multiple trucks and carving out chunks of time topack, move and unpack. Then finding all the things you had do not work perfectin the new living space, forcing you to go buy more stuff that you really don’tneed. And all the start up costs, the security deposits, turning on the waterand electric, changing of address, so over-whelm-ing!!
This week I will RENEW my lease on my house. I will sign thedotted line saying YES, I’m committed to living in the same location another year.
Lately ,I have been studying the attributes of God, God is sovereign,God is powerful, God is omniscient, God is Good… the sovereignty one I think Iknow, I think it makes sense, I claim it, but at the end of the day when thingswork out in such a way that I actually see God is sovereign I’m almost shocked.
 I prayed forthis house, a place I could call home for more than a couple of months, a homeI could host people in and be an in between house when friends needed a placeto stay, I wanted a place I could be creative and have space to do just that, Iwanted a place I could afford on my own, so I did not have to move every time aroommate was getting married.  Iprayed for a season of stability, a place I could make memories and continuethem in one place.  
I didn’t pray to live in Greenville two years ago, Godbrought me here. And I questioned often “what is God doing with me?”  “is this his plan B for my life?” “ifGod is sovereign why would he take me from my “normal”, my comfort, mysecurity, my friends?"  "Doesn’t he want good things for me, promise to prosperand not harm?”
You see, in God’s sovereignty, he also listens. Not that Iknow what is best for myself and he should do as I say. But as a loving fatherlistens to his children so does God to us. He loves when we ask him for things,he tells us over and over to do just that …
..3 invitations & 7 Promises…
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find;knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he whoseeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8
Invites: 
[1] Ask
[2] Seek
[3] Knock
Promises:
[#1] it will be given to you;seek, and
 [#2] you will find; knock, and
 [#3] it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks
[#4] receives, and the onewho seeks
 [#5] finds, and to the one who knocks
 [#6] it will be opened.”
 (#7): “How muchmore will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!”

“He is our Father. And when he hears his children, heresponds. He is not deaf or indifferent or powerless. He hears and he acts. “john piper

I often fear asking, what if I ask and it doesn’t happenthat only causes me to doubt God. I don’t want to doubt God, so therefore, Iwill not ask. I know your probably thinking…Seriously? But its true. 

“Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and youwill receive, that your joy may be full.” John 16:24

Do you see how it’s not “if you get around to it ask”,“maybe if you ask you will receive” These are truths, promises, commands “askand you WILL receive”  it willhappen. In return we will receive Joy, full joy. 

“Be encouraged to come. Pray to him. It is not in vain thatyou pray. God is not toying with you. He answers. He gives good things when youpray. Be encouraged. Pray often, pray regularly, pray confidently” john piper

I was praying for this house, but I didn’t know it would bein Greenville, SC two years later. In God’s sovereignty, he knew, he listened, helovingly met my needs. In God’s sovereignty my asking turned into full joy, notfor these material things that will come and go but, a trusting in Jesusregardless of my circumstances.

1 comment: