Friday, October 15, 2010

'I have far too long in my prayer life lived like a sniper"

"I have far too long in my prayer life lived like a sniper. I save all of my energy trying to sneak up on God to take this one shot which I hope he will answer. Rather, today the gospel has reminded me that because of Christ's love and righteousness I am fully covered and can enter the presence of a Holy God with boldness."- Andy Lewis

God i need you but my prideful and stubborn heart convinces me otherwise. I hate that my thoughts have more authority in my life than Christ and the Cross. Why do i live life going through the motions like your cross is not sufficient to cover my sin, remove my shame, and bring me life? But then it hits me, this was never a story about me. Lord i pray that i would not see you as a God who starts a lot of things in my life and then leaves me to balance it all but you are with me. You are sovereign over all things even to the smallest details. Pray today that "because of Christ love and righteousness I am fully covered and can enter the presence of a Holy God with Boldness." Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment